Monday 6 August 2012

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA! WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!  VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!
This will be my last post as owner of this blog.
See More <> http://punjabiturban.com/gallery.htm


A few weeks ago my husband, my companion of 22, years died.  I am now alone and re-examining my life.   I have
found that my life has become out of balance.  Most of my time has been spent in sewa at the expense of my Gurbani studies and (attempted) Simran.  I am now going to take a much-needed retirement from public life for a time.  It might be temporary or permanent;  I do not see into the future very well.
Rather than abandoning this blog, which is a much-loved child, I am turning it over to the very capable hands of my friend and younger sister Kamal Kaur Badyal.  She has long assisted me on this and her name has been visible as an author in the right hand column.  She is someone you already know and next to myself, she knows and loves The Road To Khalistan better than anyone else.

She is an Amritdhari Sikh with a deep love of our shaheeds.  She has indicated to me that she would like to perhaps do a series on our shaheeds, which I believe is a wonderful idea.

Please give her the same love, loyalty and consideration that you have given me over the years.

I love you all!  (Yes, even the one who threatened to kidnap me and take me to India to be hanged for treason)

Harinder Kaur called "Mai"

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
In the time we have been publishing this blog, we have come to realise that we
have three main purposes in doing this. We are all very private people and would
not so much expose ourselves in public over the Internet without very important
reasons. Here are our purposes:

1. Obviously, to record our stories. Mai
is very ill and recently almost died. If these personal accounts are going to be recorded, it has to be now. (Note: Mai's health is much improved, thank.

2. To encourage other survivors to record
their experiences and, if they are willing and able, to also share them as we have. We also encourage these sisters and brothers to tell their experiences to
their children and to other Sikh youth. As we have said before, if we don't tell our own stories, our enemies will, to our detriment.

3. To encourage the Sangat worldwide
to quit painting the shaheeds and the survivors of this battle as the victims we were in 1984 and instead to regard us and treat us as the proud Sikhs we are today.
CONTRIBU




No comments:

Post a Comment